St. Paddy's Day!
The story behind Clancy’s Irish Pub
Clancy’s Irish Pub and the family behind it, has a rich history in the St. Louis area!
Originally the family summer home, “Clancy’s Irish Pub” was built in 1933 and was transformed into a sandwich deli and Pub in 1982. Matt & Angie Clancy have been proprietors of Clancy’s Irish Pub since 1992 and in 2021, their son and daughter-in-law Nick and Olivia Clancy became owners of the Pub.
-1837 Ellisville settled by Captain James Harvey Ferris and was later sold to Vespasian Ellis- a newspaper editor and for whom Ellisville Village was named.
-1932, local voters approve the creation of Ellisville Village.
-1933, Lottie and Frank Clancy, Sr. head West from St. Louis City and purchase the property
which now encompasses the Burger King, KFC, and Bussman Industrial Park lots to build a
family summer home. This property eventually passes on to Grandma and Grandpa Clancy
(Louise and Frank, Jr.).
-1948 Grandma & Grandpa Clancy build 54 Old State Road (Now West County Roofing & Construction).
-1952 Louise and Frank, Jr.’s son, Frank III and his wife Elizabeth, also move to the area and
purchase the Clancy home at 844 Old State.
-1956 Holy Infant Catholic Church & School was built and opened. Matt and Angie met here
in kindergarten, attended K-8 together and were married here in 1981.
-1957 Ellisville is officially incorporated from Village to City.
-1959 Frank III opened a butcher shop at Northeast corner of New Ballwin Road and Manchester Road,
-1970’sFrank Jr ran the summer home as an Antique/Hardware Store
-1972- Frank III decided to build his own butcher shop on land owned by his mom (the Butcher Shop behind the bar)
-1976- Grandma Clancy (Louise) sold 40 acres to Bussman Industrial Park and kept the front for her family.
-1977 Frank III tore down the original butcher shop at 40 Old State Road and built the large brick, 2-story butcher shop that was later sold to QuikTrip.
-1982 Frank III opened a sandwich shop and deli in the family’s summer home- now known as Clancy’s Irish Pub.
-1992 Matt and Angie Clancy became owners of the deli- Clancy’s Irish Pub & Grill.
-2006- Matt Jr., and wife Liz, opened M. Clancy’s in Rosebud, Missouri.
-2021 Nick and Olivia become owners of Clancy’s Irish Pub.
We offer casual dining with traditional Irish influences in the West County area. With our expansive outdoor patio and our indoor dining full of character, our 5th generation, family-owned and operated Irish Pub serves American fare and a wide selection of Irish Whiskies. We are humbled daily by the love for small business the community shows us. We hope you continue to bring your family somewhere they will bring their family!
The Clancy Family